GoFundMe Pricing and Fees
GoFundMe is a crowdfunding organization that enables people to raise funds for events conducted for noble causes, celebrations, graduation ceremonies, and also for more serious causes incidents like accidents and illness. The company operates in quite a few countries and is basically based in the United States of America. Crowdfunding is nothing but conducting an event in order to generate funds for a certain cause from a large audience. GoFundMe is one of the most popular crowdfunding organizations known to people today. GoFundMe was founded on May 10, 2010, and has ever since seen a lot of success. GoFundMe is an online based organization that operates as a crowdfunding website. Over here, people can start their campaigns in order to conduct an event for a certain cause. In order to launch a campaign, the user doesn’t need to actually pay any money. Starting a campaign in GoFundMe is absolutely free, but as a fee for the organization, with each donation that is made for the cause, GoFundMe will deduct some fee.
Starting a campaign in GoFundMe is absolutely free, but as a fee for the organization, with each donation that is made for the cause, GoFundMe will deduct some fee.
Understanding Pricing on GoFundMe
While it has been established that a user can start a campaign on GoFundMe absolutely for no price, he or she can also make use of the many other benefits that are offered by the organization. Here are some of the benefits provided by GoFundMe that a user can enjoy while starting a campaign.
- All the campaigns that are started on GoFundMe are mobile friendly campaigns and can be viewed very easily on any smartphone without hassles.
- If the user who has created a campaign on GoFundMe, then he or she doesn’t have to worry about paying penalties for missing any goals.
- There is also a GoFundMe mobile application that is available for the users to know all about GoFundMe and it’s work on smaller devices with more convenience.
- The user also does not have to worry about meeting deadlines or any such regulations when he or she makes use of GoFundMe to start a campaign.
- The user also gets a 5 minutes email support from GoFundMe when the campaign is started by the user.
- The user is also allowed to keep each donation that he or she gets for the campaign that he or she has started on GoFundMe. The organization will, however, take some money from the donation as fees from the user who has used GoFundMe for starting the campaign.
For personal campaigns, GoFundMe will take 7.9 percent of the total number of donations that have been made for the particular cause as fees. The same percentage of money is deducted as fee from the user if he or she makes use of GoFundMe to start a campaign even for Charity Campaigns. But however, if the user is making use of PayPal Giving Fund to receive donations for the charity campaign, then there will be no deductions make as fees to GoFundMe.